Friday, March 25, 2005

Reaching the moon

(I wrote this last Dec. 12, 2003 at 3:07 a.m. and decided to blog it for several personal reasons)

I asked a friend a very nutty question today.

"How many jumps will it take to reach the moon?"

After struggling through the stupidity of the question, she gave a nice big round number - hoping to satisfy my seeminly non-sense inquiry. She said a million.

So I asked her, "Are you sure?" She was. So I said, "Well, we all know that after a million jumps, you'll still end up in the same place - on the floor!" Her face then dropped and gave an equally stupid look.

Here's the point. Perhaps, there are certain moons we'll never reach in life. But the far off view is already a beautiful sight. We'll just have to be content.

Just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home